Mule Deer, Whitetails & Antelope in Nebraska
The Wildcat Hills of Nebraska are home to an incredible variety of game, and as such, offer a fantastic opportunity on Combination Hunts for Mule Deer, Whitetail Deer and Pronghorn Antelope.
The typical mule deer hunting strategy here is the spot-n-stalk method which they have efficiently mastered over the years.
You may also utilize ground blinds, as well as treestands, to hunt certain areas where blinds and stands are most effective. The beauty of hunting the properties in this region is that the mule deer do exist in the river bottoms and within certain timber patches, so if you’re a hunter who isn’t physically capable of spot and stalking mule deer in the rougher terrain, you can easily and effectively sit in a tree stand or ground blind to hunt and harvest your mule deer buck.
As with their Kansas operations, the outfitter stays very diverse when it comes to their whitetail hunts. Utilizing all types of equipment to harvest these mature giants. Ladder stands, tower blinds, lock-ons, and ground blinds are all used at your comfort. If one isn’t partial to sitting in an open elevated stand, they can always keep you at ground level and comfortable as can be.
Unlike Kansas, Nebraska law forbids any animals be harvested within a 200 yard perimeter of a baited area, but is there to keep them healthy and on our property. There are also multiple ground blinds set-up throughout the entire deer season and they will also use these on rainy days to keep things active and productive in the woods. You are best off sitting and waiting for these bucks to make the wrong move and end up in your lap.
The primary method used for hunting antelope is sitting in one of the multiple ground blinds over a windmill or watering hole which are dotted and scattered throughout the ranch. These days are warmer than usual but patience and perseverance pays off on these hunts, as well as a determined and mentally strong hunter.
90% of the hunting is done over water in blinds, with the remaining 10% being spot and stalk under the right circumstances.
You will be driven directly to the blind each day, and the outfitter does not go in and out of a water hole or windmill more than once per day. You can load up a big ice chest full of food, snacks, beverages, and goodies and have in your blind during the archery hunt. They will make this hunt as comfortable as you can in 80-100+ degree temps.
INCLUDED IN YOUR HUNT
- Field Transportation to and from lodging areas
- Skinning and caping of animals for taxidermist
- Quartering of animals for processor
NOT INCLUDED IN YOUR HUNT
- Processing Fees/Taxidermy Fees
- Guide Gratuities
***PLEASE NOTE: The outfitter DOES NOT debone the animal for you. Nebraska is a CWD (Chronic Wasting Disease) State so NO brain or bone matter is allowed to leave state lines. Your guides will quarter the animal up for you and get it back to the lodge and personally charge you $100/carcass to debone the animal for you, otherwise you can do it yourself. If you’ve never deboned an animal, we recommend paying the Guides to do it for you to salvage all the meat.
WILDCAT HILLS CAMP GALLERY
HUNT PRICES AND FEES
MULE DEER HUNTS
MULE DEER Archery: September /October / November
WHITETAIL Archery: September /October / November
ANTELOPE Archery: September /October
ACCOMMODATION: Local Hotel
TRANSPORTATION: Car Rental Required
APPROXIMATE LICENSE COSTS:
Non-Resident Nebraska Deer Hunting Permit (Archery, Muzzleloader, Rifle): $242.00
Non-Resident Nebraska Antelope Hunting Permit (Archery ONLY): $185.50
Mandatory, Habitat Stamp: $25.00
Small Game Permit (Optional for coyotes): $97.00
Local Hotel Rooms are approximately $70.00 to $110.00 per night.
There are 10 to 20 restaurants available in the town where you will be lodging.
OTHER HUNTS WITH THIS OUTFITTER:
Reserve this Hunt!